ALMOND PEAR TART
I just can’t get enough of the Marzipan flavor, and paired with pear or apple are two of my favorite combinations. This Tart has a crispy Almond crust, contrasted with a creamy rich Mascarpone filling. Then finished with the sweet fruit. Since there is no rolling out dough, or pre-cooking the filling, this Tart falls into the ‘doable even for a busy person’, category.
1/4 cup sugar
1 stick unsalted butter
1 cup all purpose flour
pinch of salt
1/2 cup ground almonds
1 teaspoon almond extract
pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
1. Grease and line with parchment paper, a removable bottomed Tart pan. I like to use strips of the paper around the sides, and a disk size shape on the bottom of the tart, so there is not a metallic taste transfer from the pan to the tart.
2. Place all ingredients in food processor, and pulse just until combined. Dump mixture into pan, and with a spoon and your fingers, spread crumbly mixture all over the bottom, and up halfway on the sides of the pan.
3. Bake just until set, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees
rounded 1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese
1/4 cup super fine sugar ( confectioners)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Tablespoon all purpose flour
Add a little milk to make mixture spreadable if needed.
1.Whiz mixture in mini cuisinart, and pour into cooled pastry shell, and smooth surface.
PEARS & GLAZE:
5 ripe pears
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoons apricot jam
1 tablespoon Amaretto
1 tablespoon water
1. Peel, core and slice the pears, and place in a bowl. sprinkle with lemon juice as you prepare them so they don’t turn brown.
2. Arrange pear slices on custard in a circular pattern, with the base of the pears toward the outside of the tart, like bicycle spokes. Place a half of a pear in the center, or create your own design. This Tart works well with halved pears instead of sliced. Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of sugar on top.
3. Bake for 35 minutes, or until the pears are soft.
Heat the Amaretto, jam and water in small sauce pan, and brush over pears.