Classic Chocolate Meringue
Easier than they look to make, and naturally gluten free, these pretty little confections/cookies are a popular addition to your buffet table. This recipe is from August Escoffier International Culinary Academy.
2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
7 ounces confectioners sugar
7 fluid ounces egg whites
7 ounces granulated sugar
- Pre heat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Whip the egg whites to soft peak consistency, then add the granulated sugar and whisk to a firm peak. The mixture should be solid and glossy.
- Sift the confectioners’ sugar and cocoa and mix through. Add to the meringue and fold through. Don’t overwork!
- Pipe the meringue into desired shapes onto a silicone baking mat or baking tray and bake for 45 minutes until firm all the way through.
- Store in an air tight container in a cool location for up to two weeks. They freeze well too.